Saturday 10 March 2012

J. Lo

Hi,

Upon starting my organic bottle project, I ran into problems, most of which being, the top of the bottle and the bottom of the bottle were not on the same axis. This raised quite a few problems, when trying to create the lofts, and subsequently, I surrendered.

So you can glow too like J.Lo
As you can see in the photo, the base and top of the bottle do not line up. While, I realize now how to do it, it would just be a simple matter of creating the two profiles, and then guide curves, at the time, the photos I had, had been taken with an iPhone, and it was just too annoying to try to make out the base and profiles, so I changed bottle and now am modelling a Herbal Essences tribal shampoo. This bottle has problems, or as I like to call them, Challenges of their own, but I believe its much more do able  in the time given.
  
Much like these, only purple
That being said, I have already run into some challenges with this bottle, first of which was my use of splines.The best way I saw to do it was to, rather then just making the spline the proper profile of the bottle, at the top, (the non lid end) there is a fillet that runs around the bottle. I was just doing to fillet after I had lofted the shape, as it seamed easier, and I still intend to do this but Solidworks isn't letting me loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment