Wednesday 7 March 2012

Champagne Bottle.

Post one.

I have not have to many complications with the modeling of the champagne bottle. The hardest part I came across, was working with making all the points tangential. Something inside me didn't like the idea of not having exact references to make each curve.
Did not like.

The modeling of this did take me some time, as I had to start a few times, and restart a few more times. But about 2 hours later I had the thing down packed, and had created it. A few things I wasn't sure about was things like the thickness of the overall bottle. The way I have gone about it was followed the thickness at <5 and >5 and then continue the thickness as i saw fit. To be honest, i just really used offset, because at the end of the day, from what I read in the brief, the internal thickness is more-a-less nominal anyway, as its very hard to get glass to be so consistent on that level of production. 
So many relations
 So, at the end of the Solidworks session, I had completed the bottle. I did not atempt the bottom, as it looked really hard, and if I had gone about it, it would have just been a slightly incorrect shape revolved around the central axis.
It looks right.


-Phillip


No comments:

Post a Comment